Friday, June 17, 2011

Sand Castle Boy


This week I have this adorable little guy...Sand Castle Boy. He can be found at Hambo Stamps HERE.  I used the flower pot cutting file from The Cutting Cafe and used SCAL to alter it a bit to look like a sand bucket.  Come check out the current HOEDOWN over at the Hambo Challenge blog HERE.  This week we have a fun color challenge Red, Teal, and one of the following: White, Kraft or Ivory.  All you have to have is a Hambo image and you are set!


Sand Castle Boy is colored with copics.  I used a technique I found in the new Copic Coloring Technique Book.  I get the textured look by pouncing my colorless blender over my image.  I have to admit I was a bit scared because I spent a bit of time getting him perfect....but honestly the whole scene turned out amazing with this technique.  Please try it....and for more fun techniques using your copics please visit Color Me Creative Challenges HERE.  We are having our "brunette" challenge through next Friday.  Would love to see your creations


Color Me Creative Challenge Group




Stamps: Sand Castle Boy & Sentiment (Hambo)
Paper: Germany
Ink: Memento
Extras: Copics, Airbrush, Colorless blender, Ribbon (May Arts) (The Ribbon Boutique), eyelets
I created this project using Glue Dots!


Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Such a summer image Jenn. Makes me envious!The pouncing technique looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great...and the sand bucket is such a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card, love the sand bucket background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I love it! It reminds me of my family's annual outting to the beach & fireworks show every 3rd of July. 4th of July is my birthday, so that's like my present every year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jenn, this is just the cutest!!! Love everything about it. Cute image and adorable.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn, this is just adorable..Love the pail and how you colored the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That "pouncing" technique looks so cool! I love how you created a beach scene behind the sandcastle boy. Your projects are always so unique & clever. Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous project! Your pouncing technique turned out awesome!
    Hugs,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. The technique with the copics turned out wonderful Jenn, particularly on the background. I love the fun Sandbucket you have created for this cute scene and your choice of colours is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful background for this sweet beach boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how the pouncing turned out also.. Fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you commenting! Thanks so much for visiting Jax Bean Stalks! Hope to see you here again soon.
Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis