Hope your day is crafty!!!
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Hello friends and followers of Jax Bean Stalks!!! I am back with another Helmar tutorial. I am so excited to have been able to create this fun spooky purse with rubber from our Helmar Preferred partner: Viva Las Vega Rubber Stamps! They have so many unique choices in their stamp line that you could make a project for just about anyone using these stamps.
Now on to my tutorial. Hope you all are inspired to make something fun.
1. Use and 8.5x11 piece of cardstock. Score the 11" side at .75", 4.5", 6.5, and 10.25". Score the 8.5 side at 2" and 6.5".
2. Create an "L" with your Helmar Professional Craft Glue.
3. You can see the "L" in this photo. Repeat this step on all 4 corners.
4. Now quickly fold and hold!
5. Now the stamping/decorating begins! I am using Viva Las Vega Stamps for this step!
6. After stamping a 4.25 x 3.5 piece of patterned paper, I ink sprayed my piece with Tsukineko Fireworks Sprays.
7. Now comes the ribbon. This ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon. It is Chevron with wire. Love how it stays put when I folding it!
8. To secure the ribbon I am using my trusty 450 Helmar Quick Dry Adhesive.
9. I ran a bead of glue along the back of the ribbon and then secured it in place on the patterned paper.
10. Place Zap dots on the back of the sentiment. In my case it is a BioHazard from Viva Las Vega Stamps.
11. My final piece of ribbon is a bow. I used my Bow Easy.
12. Using Helmar Professional Craft Glue, I glued my layout in place on the front of my purse.
13. Helmar Crackle time!! I crackled various sections of the front of my purse. Including embellishments too!
14. Final step is to add some bling using Helmar Gemstone Glue. I find that it is fast drying and doesn't require much to adhere the gemstone in place.
I really like the way the Helmar Crackle looks on this embellishment.
Adhesive: Helmar Professional Craft Glue, Helmar 450, Helmar Crackle, Helmar Gemstone Glue, Helmar Zap Dots
Stamps: Viva Las Vega Stamps
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon-Wired Woven Chevron with Wire
Spray: Tsukineko Fireworks Spray
Thanks for visiting! Hope to see you back soon!
Sunday, May 19, 2013
1. I cut my Shimmer Satin Daffodil ribbon about 8" long. You will need two at this length.
2. Fold in half and crease. Run two lines of Helmar 450 on either side of the crease.
3. Take each end of the ribbon and bring it up just to your crease line and press. Now you have the start of what looks like a bow.
4. Do step 3. with both of your 8" ribbons.
5. Pinch both ribbons in the center and then glue the side of each ribbon in the center together. Now you have a double bow.
6. Add a loop of ribbon to the center and secure with Helmar 450. Then glue your button to the center of your bow.
7. Add a 6" piece of ribbon to the back of your bow for the "tails" of the bow.
8. Add flags of different designer paper to the front of your gift bag using Helmar Professional Craft Glue.
Here is the finished product. I have also made a card to match. Inside the gift bag are leveled books just one level above Bean's reading level. This way we have a goal for the summer.
Here is the set together.
I just loved this image from Pink Cat Studio-Blobby Loves School.
I just had to put googly eyes on him!!!
Here is the finished card again.
Thank you all for visiting today. I hope you are all inspired to craft!
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon-Shimmer Satin-Daffodil
Adhesive: Helmar 450, Helmar Professional Craft Glue.
Digital Image: Pink Cat Studios-Blobby Loves School
Embellishments: SU Button and Miriam's Craft Supplies
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Good morning. What a beautiful day to be outside! I know that I will be spending my entire day at the ball fields. It is a double header for my little Bean's Beavers Baseball team....GO BEAVERS.
I am really excited to show off this fun canvas I made while teaching my paper class on Wednesday. All my students did an amazing job on there 5X7 canvases.
I am using the Sunshine Emma Set from SP and Company Stamps. I just love her and all the fun sentiments and extras that come along in the set. She is definitely one of my favorite stamp sets from Samantha's SP and Company!
I used the cloud die tool from SP and Company that matches the Sunshine Emma set. I cut it and then used it as a stencil for my clouds.
Hope you are inspired to venture out and try something outside (the card) this weekend!!! Have a fabulous day friends and followers of Jax Bean Stalks!
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
I have used Really Reasonable Ribbon's May Ribbon Club. I LOVE all the choices in this assortment.
The Stampotique stamps I have used are from Kira Nichols. "Some Budgie Loves You".
Thank you so much for stopping in today. Hope to see you at both the Really Reasonable Ribbon Red, White and Blue challenge and the Stampotique Anything Goes Challenge.
Monday, May 13, 2013
Hello friend and followers of Jax Bean Stalks!!! Thank you so much for joining me on the beautiful Monday morning. Today I am so excited to be participating in my very 1st hop as a DT member of Really Reasonable Ribbon (this should be your 1st stop on the hop). If you are hopping with us today you should have arrived from the very talented HEIDI'S blog.
I am really enjoying working with all the fantastic ribbon that Bonnie has to offer. Today I am featuring ribbon from the May Ribbon Club.
I am just loving this assortment of 4th of July themed ribbons. They are all so festive!
I had so much fun "ruffling" this pretty lace.
I don't know if you can tell by now, my card is a "Joy" fold card. So easy and fun. I literally haven't made one of these in over a year.
Thank you so much for hopping with Really Reasonable Ribbon today. I hope you are feeling inspired to start out your week! The next talented designer you will be visiting is MISTY'S blog.
For more RRR inspiration you can follow me via Google+, Facebook, or Twitter.
Look left for the hook up on all three of these social media sites!
Adhesive: Helmar Premium Craft Glue
Spray and Ink: Tsukineko-Fireworks, Memento, and Versa
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Good morning Jax Bean Stalks friends and followers. I am really thrilled to bring to you a lovely card for my first post over at Really Reasonable Ribbon. I am also excited to be able to use one of my most favorite companies stamps on this project. Is is Teddy Chasing a Butterfly from SP and Company Stamps!
The Really Reasonable Ribbon I used on this project is:
I have colored this adorable stamp with my Copics (of course)!
I really love how this ribbon added such a fun POP of color to this card.
This is one of my favorite sentiments from SP and Company! It is included in the Sunshine Emma Set
Thank you so much for joining me today.
nks: SP and Company- Ocean Waves and Tsukineko Fireworks Spray and Memento
Designer Paper: EP-Splash
YR 02, 15,68
E 59, 57, 55, 53, 50
G 14, 17
Challenges I have entered:
Creative Craft Challenge: Animals I won TOP 3