Friday, March 13, 2015

Beautiful Butterfly and a RRR Blog Hop



Hello Jax Bean Stalks friends and followers!  It is hop time again with Really Reasonable Ribbon!  So excited to showcase beautiful March Ribbon Club!!!
If you are hopping with us today, you should have arrived from Theresa's Blog.

Check out the March Ribbon Club ribbons.



I am just totally in love with this month's ribbon club colors.  They are such a nice welcome to spring.  And speaking of spring...this weekend here in Colorado, the temperature is supposed to hit close to 70!  Oh you have no idea how ready I am to wear spring/summer cloths.  Bring on the sandals!!!


I layered up my stacked bow starting with Delicate Stitched Satin Light Coral.  Then I added a layer of Sharon White Crochet Lace.  Next I topped both of them off with Delicate Stitched Satin Tropic.  I added a double stripe of Paisley Print on Aqua Grosgrain to finish this spring themed card off!


I LOVE this butterfly from the Crafter's Companion Stamp-It Australia Dreamer EZMount Stamp Set - Take Flight.  This particular set has a number of really unique stamps.  They are all perfect to color too!  I don't think you would normally try to color in an image like this butterfly, but it can be easily achieved.  I started with the lightest Spectrum Noir Alcohol Marker in BT1.  Then slowly layered my other BT2, BT3, BT4, BT5 until I was able to see the right shading and achieved the outline of a butterfly under the sentiments.



I gave this card a lot of texture and dimension along with many layers of Theresa Collins cardstock.  I matted all my papers using the Perfect Layer tools from Perfect Paper Crafting.  They are a must have it you love matting your cards or even photos.  They are clear "ruler" shaped tools with a strip of medal the allows your xacto knife to slide right down the edge.


Thank so much for stopping in today.  Enjoy the rest of the hop!  You are now off to your next stop, 


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you commenting! Thanks so much for visiting Jax Bean Stalks! Hope to see you here again soon.
Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis