Monday, October 14, 2013

Technique Lovers Halloween Treat Purse



Hello Jax Bean Stalks followers and friends!  Today I have a purse tutorial...but it is not your typical Coach Purse or Louis Vuitton!  It is a simple trick or treat purse I made my son Bean.  I will be adding to it an adorable glass scull and crossbones necklace.  I will have the necklace tutorial later on this month.  


If you love the look of my trick or treat purse, you can make your own by following my simple tutorial below.  All you need to start out is an 8.5 X 11 piece of cardstock and a score board.




On this 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock score on all lines.  The light orange highlights is where you will need to place your adhesive or glue once you have folded all your scored lines. This will eventually turn into a cute little treat purse.  My inspiration came from TLC 211 at Split Coast Stampers.


1. This is what your treat purse should look like after you score all lines.

2. Here is what it looks like with the center starting to take shape.
3 This is what it should look like after you glue the orange shaded areas from picture one.
4. To create a handle I choose a scrunchy elastic ribbon. I cut 2 pieces 6" long, Also cut 2 pieces of paper 3/4" x 4.5". These will be used to cover the area where you adher your ribbon to the main part of the purse. In this step you can see where I added my ribbon with double sided adhesive then I take one of the paper strips and adhere it over where I have attached my ribbon.
5. I have attached Velcro in the center on the inside of my treat bad. This will keep it closed. You can also use a brad, magnet, punch holes and pull ribbon through and tie to secure it closed. Anything you have would work fine.



Here is what the finished purse looks like without decorations.  I think it would make a great jewerly box for any occasion.  Or you could fit an 8oz M&M... or any other small candy!




My image is colored for the Color Me Creative Challenge.  This week our challenge is anything goes.  Hope to see all of you who enjoy coloring there!




I love the papers and decorations.  All of my cardstock if from The Paper Parade.  Our current challenge is Halloween.  So pop on in and show us your creations.


Thanks for visiting.  If you decide to make this cute little purse.  Please enter in my challenge at Split Coast Stampers.  TLC451~Revisited TLC211 Treat Purse with a twist


Supplies:
Image: Bugaboo
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Paper: Glitz
Copics:
C-3,5,7
BV-01,04,08
YG-00,03,25
Y19
YR07
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you commenting! Thanks so much for visiting Jax Bean Stalks! Hope to see you here again soon.
Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis