Thursday, May 8, 2014

What A Difference A Year Makes

Hi everyone!  So glad to have you join me today.  So is it just me or did this school year fly by.  I am so glad this year turned out to be totally different than last year.  I will do a short re-cap of last year:
Kindergarten teacher let the kids that needed discipline RULE the classroom.  She had no intention of disciplining them.  Yet she would discipline the kids who didn't need it.  She would come down on them for petty situations such as "pretend" erasing each other's papers, while the child that bites gets no discipline at all!  So, between the discipline and the fact that she never caught up to district curriculum standards we were ready for the year to be over.
This year was a 360 degree difference.  Bean's teacher is kind and fresh into teaching with this only being her second year.  She is not married and is totally dedicating her life (currently) to her job and the kids.  She is on there level with a good balance of mutual respect.  In a nutshell, the kids totally adore her.  Bean has excelled so much compared to last year.  I did work with him everyday after school in kindergarten and that alone is the only reason he started 1st grade at the standard entry level.  Between my continued work at home and his 1st grade teacher, Bean has progressed leaps and bounds.  I am so proud because he is currently at a level where most kids find themselves half way through 2nd grade.

Cheers Bean!!!  You did it!!  I am so proud of you!!!



Ok now on to my project and video.  I have created a cute (and super quick) mini album with envelopes.  My mini features Really Reasonable Ribbon, Xyron Adhesive, DCWV patterned Designer Paper, and Crafter's Companion stamps.  Besides the pictures I have a tell all video on how to make your own Accordion Envelope Mini Album.



I used an organza ribbon in Turquoise from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I tied my bow using the Bow It All (original).  I love my Bow It All.  You can see more videos of me using it at my YouTube Channel.  Follow me to keep up to date on all my craftiness!


My inserts are stamped with Crafter's Companion Sentimentals Imagine stamp set.  Love all the options that this stamp set includes. 




The entire mini is all held together with Xyron Adhesive.  I used 1/4" High Tack Tape and the Mega Runner.  


Tell All Video: Accordion Envelope Mini Album


Thank you so much for stopping by.  Would love to hear about your kiddos year of school!  Also would love to know what you think of this fun mini!!!

Supplies:
Really Reasonable Ribbon: Turquoise Organza
Xyron Adhesive: 1/4" High Tack Tape, Mega Runner
Crafter's Companion:  Sentimentals Imagine stamp set
DCWV designer paper- Honey Chic
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you commenting! Thanks so much for visiting Jax Bean Stalks! Hope to see you here again soon.
Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis