Hello friends and fans! Today I have a cool background technique. You know that cool hair technique that may or may not still be in style depending on where you live? The one that goes light to dark or dark to light? Well, I will show you in my below step out tutorial how to create an ombre background and how it is finished off with a stand out bow made with Really Reasonable Ribbons Satin Swiss Dots Ribbon in Hot Pink.
1. Gather your supplies. Today I am using the clouds and sentiment from Fairy In Flight (clear), Versa Mark Ink, embossing powder and Memento inks in 3 shades of the same color.
2. Stamp the clouds on a 3.75" x 5" piece of paper.
3. Sprinkle on the embossing powder and emboss with a heating tool.
4. Start with your darkest shade of ink and dab color onto your embossed image in a line down your paper. Move on to the next lightest color of ink and do the same but overlap with the dark ink. Finally use your lightest ink and follow the same technique.
5. Finally take a baby wipe and remove the ink form the embossed image.
Now your background is ready to embellish with the Satin Swiss Dots in Hot Pink from Really Reasonable Ribbon and make into a card. My card-base is 4.25"x 5.50".
Hope you liked this technique. Thanks for joining me today.