Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Butterfly Birthday Wishes

Hello Jax Bean Stalks friends and followers!  I am so excited to be featuring a card tutorial.  I used several "Acid Free" products today to build my Birthday Butterfly card. I hope I inspire you to try out some of these wonderful Helmar products.




1.  I located the "yellow" page out of a dictionary I use for crafting projects.  I like to coordinate my dictionary page with the theme of my card.  In this case I choose yellow!  I adhered my page to a piece of cardstock with Helmar Acid Free Glue, to make it more stable.  
2.  I painted on my Helmar Crackle step 1 and let it dry.  Then I proceeded with Step 2.  I quick dried mine using my heat gun.
3.  After I achieved the most amount of "Crackle", I rubbed in yellow acrylic paint into the cracks.  I then wiped off the excess with a damp cloth.
4.  I mounted my crackled dictionary page onto another piece of coordinating cardstock.


Here is a close up of the crackled/acrylic painted dictionary page.



5.  For mounting my butterflies to my card layout I am using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots.  This is an acid free product too!  Scroll down for a close-up of the Liquid Scrap Dots!
6.  I adhered all my decorations to my card-front using Helmar Acid Free Glue.  I then added accents of Pearl Pen by Viva Decor.
7.  Don't forget the insides!  I LOVE decorating the inside of my cards too.  Makes them a little more special!


This is a really cool product.  I just let the Scrap Dots sit for about 5 minutes before I added them to my card.


The ribbon I have chosen for this card is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Shimmer Satin- Daffodil.


Like I mentioned in the tutorial.  I always have to decorate the inside of my cards.  It just adds that extra touch!





Thank you so much for stopping by.  Hope you have a super crafty week!




Supplies:
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Stamps: Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps
Die: Cheery Lynn Designs, Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps
Paper: Authentique, Dictionary

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you commenting! Thanks so much for visiting Jax Bean Stalks! Hope to see you here again soon.
Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis