Hello friends and followers of Jax Bean Stalks!!! I am back with another Helmar tutorial. I am so excited to have been able to create this fun spooky purse with rubber from our Helmar Preferred partner: Viva Las Vega Rubber Stamps! They have so many unique choices in their stamp line that you could make a project for just about anyone using these stamps.
Now on to my tutorial. Hope you all are inspired to make something fun.
1. Use and 8.5x11 piece of cardstock. Score the 11" side at .75", 4.5", 6.5, and 10.25". Score the 8.5 side at 2" and 6.5".
2. Create an "L" with your Helmar Professional Craft Glue.
3. You can see the "L" in this photo. Repeat this step on all 4 corners.
4. Now quickly fold and hold!
5. Now the stamping/decorating begins! I am using Viva Las Vega Stamps for this step!
6. After stamping a 4.25 x 3.5 piece of patterned paper, I ink sprayed my piece with Tsukineko Fireworks Sprays.
7. Now comes the ribbon. This ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon. It is Chevron with wire. Love how it stays put when I folding it!
8. To secure the ribbon I am using my trusty 450 Helmar Quick Dry Adhesive.
9. I ran a bead of glue along the back of the ribbon and then secured it in place on the patterned paper.
10. Place Zap dots on the back of the sentiment. In my case it is a BioHazard from Viva Las Vega Stamps.
11. My final piece of ribbon is a bow. I used my Bow Easy.
12. Using Helmar Professional Craft Glue, I glued my layout in place on the front of my purse.
13. Helmar Crackle time!! I crackled various sections of the front of my purse. Including embellishments too!
14. Final step is to add some bling using Helmar Gemstone Glue. I find that it is fast drying and doesn't require much to adhere the gemstone in place.
I really like the way the Helmar Crackle looks on this embellishment.
Adhesive: Helmar Professional Craft Glue, Helmar 450, Helmar Crackle, Helmar Gemstone Glue, Helmar Zap Dots
Stamps: Viva Las Vega Stamps
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon-Wired Woven Chevron with Wire
Spray: Tsukineko Fireworks Spray
Thanks for visiting! Hope to see you back soon!