Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ready to Hoedown, metallic style?

It is time for the Hambo Hoedown.  This week the digital team had the opportunity to use the adorable DRAGON.  Isn't he the cutest?  Well, he was perfect to put on top of this adorable candy box.  I used the box to fill with Hershey Kisses for my little Bean for V-Day.  
The Challenge at the Hoedown is to use a Hambo Image and to create a project using gold or silver.  Cannot wait to see you at the Hoedown


I added as much silver as I could to the image using a gel twinkle pen (I hope I used the right name!).


I used this crazy silver wire to accent my bow.  I also colored a clear plastic rhinestone button with BV08 Copic marker...using my airbrush.  Turned out really great!


If you would like to learn more Copic coloring techniques or other fun techniques please visit Suzanne and her design teams at Color Me Creative.  She has a really great selection of classes you can take right online!



Thanks for visiting!

Challenge I have entered:
Cards for Men-Valentines
Kaboodle Doodles-Boy or Masculine


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Super cute candy box, Jenn! That dragon is adorable with your fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! Love the bow and you beautifully colored dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glittery details -- especially how it shows up in the close-up pic! Perfect coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, LOVE this box. The dragon is so cute and I really like his sparkling teeth!!!. ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!!! Great colors and great image too! Thanks for joining us for our Where the Boys Are challenge on Kaboodle Doodles. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute dragon, and a gorgeous box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cute dragon card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling little dragon! He's perfect for this treat box! Love the clever take on the "Love Bites" theme! I would love a bite of chocolate any time... Although I'll be cautious of the dragon! His teeth look pretty sparkly! :) Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jenn...
    Coming over by ways of The Cutting Cafe and I don't
    think I see your post yet, but who cares...you've posted
    SO much goodness! I just adore all your creations!
    TOO FUN!
    Glad to come by...

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sparkle looks beautiful! Love your coloring and candy box adornment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenn, this is awesome. Wonderful fun image and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute little dragon,your colouring is beautiful! I have taken Suzanne's on the road class and she is wonderful! I found you in the looking for followers discussion over at the outlawz, I hope you will visit me too @ www.scrappyduesbydarlene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabby card

    thanks for joining us at Cards For Men for our Love challenge...

    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you commenting! Thanks so much for visiting Jax Bean Stalks! Hope to see you here again soon.
Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis