Monday, April 11, 2011

TUIC April Challenge: Extra Extra Read All About it!!!

Good morning!  I am the host for the Tangled Up In Creativity Blog group monthly challenge.  We have been a group since February of last year (under a different name).  My blog bestie Dawn Mercedes and I co-coordinate the current group.  We all take turns hosting monthly challenges.  This is my month!! 

So, this is my challenge.....Have you seen an upward trend in using newspaper in projects?  Well, get out the newspaper!  I want to see your "daily post" in your projects!  I had a hard time finding positive articles to use as my background.  I finally decided on the "Horoscope" section of the paper.  I used this cute bicycle set from The Cutting Cafe.  You can find it HERE. I carefully used my Copics to color in the bike and the balloons.

Hope you enjoy the challenge!  If you are not a member of our blog group, please feel free to play and I will give a prize to those entries as well.
Please link your entry to the Mr. Linky below.

Paper: Cardstock, news paper
Digital Stamp Set: The Cutting Cafe-LET'S GO FOR A RIDE....PRINTABLE STAMP SET
Stamps: Michael's
Extras: Ribbon (The Ribbon Boutique), Flower, button, thread, Copics, Memento ink

The Linky will close on May 2 at 8:00 PM Mountain Time.  TUIC Blog group members and NON MEMBERS are Welcome to join.  Prizes will be given!






Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Wow so pleased to see this post early Jenn. I have some newsprint DSP from Stampin' Up! so can definitely play along as it sounds like a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and design, :) Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card Jenn. Great idea for a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interesting idea to explore Jenn and by the way Happy Birthday for the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge, Jenn! I can't wait to see everyone's designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge...I'll have to put my thinking cap on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Jenn....so fun looking. Great us of that newspaper too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where have I been - I haven't seen this trendy newsprint background thing. Looks very interesting - I will have to think about this one to come up with something good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great challenge Jenn...now to be on the hunt for something positive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i wouldn't have thought to think about what the text was! great idea!! great challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea! Love this challenge! I use newsproint for 3-D itmes quite a bit so I will post my A MUSE sign but still play along with making a card too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Got it finished! Thanks for this fun challenge, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you commenting! Thanks so much for visiting Jax Bean Stalks! Hope to see you here again soon.
Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis