Monday, April 5, 2010

Challenge #1 for Eyelets, Ribbon, Paper-Oh My!!

Our 1st Blog Group Challenge!!
April 5th-April 11(entries due by midnight!)
Poll: Posted Monday April 12th-14th
Winner announced April 15th!!!
I am so excited to host our very 1st challenge.  I don't know if you all havn't noticed that I am a little bit of a recycler/reuser/use it tell it's gone and reuse it again type of girl!  I am always trying to encourage others to do their "part" in helping our enviroment....hey we have to clean it up for our children and their children!  So with that being said, I thought it would be a real "challenge" to reuse/re-purpose an item(s) that we all have in our house...A cereal box, cracker box or a cookie box.  If you look in my archives you will see my Kashi cereal box turned magazine holder. 
I also have this Kashi box turned notepad.  I used my "zutter" to transform the box, added a legal pad and covered the back cover with scrap paper.  I encourage you all to use up your scraps!
 

 I also have some scrap advice if anyone is interested: organize your scraps in a legal sized acordian folder by colors.  Then always go to that when you are doing a project before grabbing a new sheet of cardstock.  As for the patterened scraps I use a 12x12 acordian folder and always look there for inspiration! 

Good Luck Ladies!  I can't wait to see what you come up with!  I will be giving away a RAK for this challenge.  To play fair I thought we could do a poll to decide the winner of the challenge.   
A note to all other players, the RAK is only for the "Eyelets, Ribbon, Paper- Oh My" blog group.  But I do encourage others to submit!  It for our enviroment so the more the merrier!
Submit all entries with a before and after photo to fattire7@hotmail.com.  Please include your name!  Thanks and good luck!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun...off to find a box to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Jenn. I mentioned you today on my blog... take a look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the fun challenge, Jenn! I will give it some thought to see what I can create with a recycled food box and scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm? Me has to find me "thinking cap" and put it on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My...I must not be in the loop!! LOL Glad I decided to spend time blog hopping today or I might have missed the challenge. Thanks Jenn!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thnx for the challenge! i'll keep my eye open for a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am off to see what treasures I find in my catch-all drawer...thanks for posting the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do we have to use a cereal box or can we recycle anything?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have my idea...now to get that box emptied out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My entry is now up on my blog. Thanks for the challenge! I had a lot of fun decorating my box.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like fun! I'm kicking hubby & daughter out to go fishing tomarrow I will have to dig out a box and have some fun play time :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you commenting! Thanks so much for visiting Jax Bean Stalks! Hope to see you here again soon.
Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis