Monday, March 8, 2010

Blog Challenge #1

Jax Bean Stalks 1st Challenge!

Hi followers, I am so excited to announce my blogs 1st challenge! I wanted to challenge everyone to something that is important in my life...Recycling! I think it is important to find other uses for things like packaging that would normally get thrown in the trash. I try not to throw anything away! I am a big recycler and am lucky to have a really nice curbside recycling program in my town.

My challenge to you is re-use an item that would normally get thrown away. It could be a pickle or peanut butter jar, a cereal box, a tin canister you name it...

I would like all entries to have a before and after picture to allow everyone to see the items original intent. Be creative! I know all of you have something you can recycle into this challenge. I am so excited to see what you come up with!!

I will pick one person that shows the best transformation of the item along with creativity! I will have a RAK for the winner!

The challenge will run from : March 8- March 22

The winner will be announced the week of my birthday...April 7th

Please send all entries to fattire7@hotmail.com. In the subject line please put "Recycle Challenge".

Entries should include before and after pictures of the project, your name and email address and a couple of lines about your project: like what inspired you to pick the item.

Good luck ladies....now get out there and recycle!!

Here is my take on a Kashi cereal box!

8 comments:

  1. thats wonderful!! recycling and scrapping at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! Loving that you took a cereal box and revamped it into a magazine holder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a good challenge and I love what you did to that cereal box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Jenn,
    WOW! I'm so lucky that I found your blog challenge. This is the one that I'm looking for a long time. I love to recycle stuffs. My hubby and kids was laughing at me because I always keep the packages, containers, boxes and more. I told them that I want to recycle these stuffs but my collections are getting bigger lol. Thanks for this awesome challenge. Anyway, I love your cereal box turned to magazine holder.
    Have a great day!
    Hugs, Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOHH!!! I will be posting for this - I DO THIS ALL THE TIME! Seriously! He gets mad at me becuase I have a box with "trash" to re-use!! I LOCE IT! We are soul sisters!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea Jen. I'm going to take you up on your challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you commenting! Thanks so much for visiting Jax Bean Stalks! Hope to see you here again soon.
Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis