Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ribbon Flowers

Hello  friends and fans!  So glad you could join me today.  If you participated in the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog hop you know that I promised a tutorial on how to make ribbon flowers.  I hope this inspires you to make a few of these fun little flowers.  The ribbon I used is from the September Ribbon Club; Diamond Satin Tangerine and Flowers Grosgrain Ribbon.


1. I started off my ribbon flowers with a 6 inch x 5/8 inch piece of Diamond Satin Tangerine ribbon.  I have also used a needle and thread.  I suggest to use a thread color similar to the color of your ribbon.

2. I Cut my ribbon edge straight.  Then fold one corner at an angle down to make it even with the bottom edge of the ribbon.

3. I rolled my ribbon to the end of the fold creating the center of  my flower.  

4. I took my needle and thread (thread with a knot in the end) and sewed the bottom part of my roll together securing it so that it will not come unrolled while I create the rest of the flower.  I left my thread attached to the flower center with the needle just dangling out of the way (you can see this is picture 5.)

5. I folded a section (about a 1/2 inch) of the ribbon back away from me.  Rolled the center of my flower till the ribbon was completely open again.  Secured with thread.  Repeat by folding back in 1/2 inch sections, rolling, and securing with thread.  When I reached the end of the ribbon, I secured it towards the bottom of the flower with thread and knot.  Cut thread away.  

6. I Pushed and smashed at my ribbon flowers till I achieve the look I desired.  




Thank you so much for stopping by!  
If you want to see more RRR inspiration from me go HERE.


Supplies:
Ribbon: September Ribbon Club
Image: Paper Nest Dolls-Lil Miss Hollywood
Paper: MME-Remarkable
Copics:
YR-000,09,12,15,21,24,68
E-000,04,11,21,59
R-20,39,46,89
Y000,21,32
C00,7
B-0000,02
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you commenting! Thanks so much for visiting Jax Bean Stalks! Hope to see you here again soon.
Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis