Hello friends and fans! So glad you could join me today. If you participated in the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog hop you know that I promised a tutorial on how to make ribbon flowers. I hope this inspires you to make a few of these fun little flowers. The ribbon I used is from the September Ribbon Club; Diamond Satin Tangerine and Flowers Grosgrain Ribbon.
1. I started off my ribbon flowers with a 6 inch x 5/8 inch piece of Diamond Satin Tangerine ribbon. I have also used a needle and thread. I suggest to use a thread color similar to the color of your ribbon.
2. I Cut my ribbon edge straight. Then fold one corner at an angle down to make it even with the bottom edge of the ribbon.
3. I rolled my ribbon to the end of the fold creating the center of my flower.
4. I took my needle and thread (thread with a knot in the end) and sewed the bottom part of my roll together securing it so that it will not come unrolled while I create the rest of the flower. I left my thread attached to the flower center with the needle just dangling out of the way (you can see this is picture 5.)
5. I folded a section (about a 1/2 inch) of the ribbon back away from me. Rolled the center of my flower till the ribbon was completely open again. Secured with thread. Repeat by folding back in 1/2 inch sections, rolling, and securing with thread. When I reached the end of the ribbon, I secured it towards the bottom of the flower with thread and knot. Cut thread away.
6. I Pushed and smashed at my ribbon flowers till I achieve the look I desired.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
If you want to see more RRR inspiration from me go HERE.
Ribbon: September Ribbon Club
Image: Paper Nest Dolls-Lil Miss Hollywood